




Okay! I've been looking at my closet for...Well, since we moved in. It's a long skinny closet and I would never have enough clothes to fill it. :-( As you can see in the pictures, it used to be a disaster area. So I decided, "I" mind you, to build some shelves. Now I'm a little handy, so I didn't go out and buy the pre-made stuff. No No No. My dad is a carpenter, I can do it! I bought two sheets of wood. The first one I bought is some kind of really strong composit, can't remember the name, but it's strong. Then I bought a regular sheet of wood (not the cheapo one, a real piece). I brought them home and cut out a notch in the corner, that for some strange reason is there. I don't know why, because my neighbors don't have one. Maybe the mob burried a dead person in there :-0 So I lugged, and I mean LUGGED the wood upstairs. Crap it was heavy!!! Then I had some stools set up so that I could lift it up and into place. Well, it didn't work :-( I moved it around and lifted again, it didn't work >-( I did'nt take into consideration the bars that the clothes hang on. So I brought my jig saw up to the closet. Yes I cut it in the closet! You don't understand how crapping heavy it was. So I trimmed some off the sides. I stop and try to let my heart stop racing (I'm glad I didn't go to the gym this morning). I lifted again and it caught. I screamed "Aaaaaaa!" making sure not to swear since I'm a good girl, and the windows were open. It was catching on the hook holding the bar. So I went to the garage and got the screwdriver, came back up and removed the hook. I heaved again }-P My sawing wasn't as straight as one would hope, to I held it there and used my "head" to head-butt the board over the shelf it was going to sit on. :-D It worked!!!!! Yay Me!!! I then lugged the other HEAVIER sheet of wood up the stairs stumbling a few times and putting a little dent in the drywall, (don't tell Spence 8-O ) got it up the stairs and put it into place. Now this all started at 8 o'clock, right after I dropped the kids off at school, now it is 1:30 and I have 45 minutes before I have to go and get them from school. So I start loading everything back in the closet on the "newly built" shelves :-) It looks great now. I threatened the kids that if they climbed on the shelves and stood on them or touched them, it would fall down and crush them, which in all honesty is a possibility. I'm so pleased with myself (because Pride is a sin) :-D



1 comment:
Natasha,
I was checking your blog and I was at the picture of your closet, Ashley hadn't even seen it was your blog and she saw the first picture of your closet and said, "that's Brenna's moms closet". I said, "How do you know that?" and she said, "cause I have been to their house lots of times.
Post a Comment