Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jam


Since this is my journal and I was going through some photos I had on my phone I thought I should add a picture so that everyone could laugh at me. Strawberries were on sale one day a few months back. Spencer loves homemade Strawberry Jam. Whenever we are having pancakes or rolls he always has to sing that one song that starts out "Jam, Oooh Jam" (can't remember who sings it). and if the kids ask or it he makes them sing it too. Anyways, so it was on sale and I thought I'll buy some and make some jam and surprise him! So I followed the recipe, and I had a TON of strawberries so while one batch was cooking, I was blend more up and kept looking over to the cooking batch. It hadn't started to boil so I was watching it closely. Then when I looked away to focus on the blending batch, the cooking batch started to boil and it really took off. There was strawberry jam from here to kingdom come. It was a huge and sticky mess. It took a picture with my phone and emailed it to Spencer telling him that I did it all for him. I must really love him!

3 comments:

Linsey Farley Jameson said...

ROFL!!! Oh My!!! Mmmmm..... I also love strawberry jam. I think I vaguely remember you telling me this happened, I think I mentioned then that I hate that recipe. Freezer Jam is SO much easier and cleaner!

Cox Family said...

How can you tell when Natasha's been cooking???

Just kidding! I agree, freezer jam is the way to go.

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is too funny. Looks like some of the messes I have made.
You get an A+ for effort though!